How to use this forum, questions and topics

A place where members present scholastic ideas for discussion.
Iolanthe
Uinen

How to use this forum, questions and topics

Post by Iolanthe » Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:32 pm

Members' Essays

Bilbo at Rivendell

© Brothers Hildebrandt

We were so impressed with the essays submitted to the Christmas Essay Contest that we have opened a new forum devoted entirely to members’ own scholarship. This will house the essays we’ve already written and hopefully encourage some new ones.

If you have long been thinking about a favourite Middle-earth subject now is the time to pull those scattered ideas and notes together, give them a bit of a polish and share! Get some feedback on those ideas and let’s see what new regions we can travel to together. Occasionally we might suggest a theme to give us a group focus.

If you can reference sources then great – but don’t be put off if you can’t, we just want to get you writing, thinking and having some fun expanding your ideas beyond the confines of the usual post.

You will be able to start a new thread yourselves for each essay in this forum. This will give us space to discuss them and it will mean we can all easily find our work again in the future, so please use the title of your essay as your thread heading. Just click on the 'New Topic' button on the left, enter your title and you are away!

This thread is for your questions, announcements and suggested themes. Let's get writing :D .

Now let the song begin! Let us sing together
Of sun, stars, moon and mist, rain and cloudy weather...

Lindariel
Location: The Hall of Fire, Imladris (otherwise known as Northern Virginia)

Post by Lindariel » Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:00 pm

Iolanthe, I am attempting to post my Tom Bombadil essay as you outline above, but the site is informing me that only moderators can open a new topic. I think an adjustment is needed.
Lindariel Image

“Therefore I say: Eä! Let these things Be! And I will send forth into the Void the Flame Imperishable, and it shall be at the heart of the World, and the World shall Be.”

Riv Res
Manwë

Post by Riv Res » Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:42 am

I think I fixed it Lindariel. :oops: Please let me know if you still have problems. :D

Lindariel
Location: The Hall of Fire, Imladris (otherwise known as Northern Virginia)

Post by Lindariel » Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:37 am

Thanks Riv! Problem solved; essay posted!
Lindariel Image

“Therefore I say: Eä! Let these things Be! And I will send forth into the Void the Flame Imperishable, and it shall be at the heart of the World, and the World shall Be.”

Riv Res
Manwë

Post by Riv Res » Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:48 am

And a marvelous essay it is too! :D

Elegaer

Post by Elegaer » Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:42 pm

Awww I was going to post some of the stuff I've written over the years, but I get the "only admins may post here" message too ... :?

Riv Res
Manwë

Post by Riv Res » Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:51 pm

Try it now Elagaer and let me know how you do.