Philipa
Ulmo

Re: The Hobbit - The Movie: Speculation and Discussion

Postby Philipa » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:16 pm

1 x
Aiya Earendil Elenion Ancalima!

An online guide to all things Tolkien

MICHKA
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby MICHKA » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:49 pm

L'encyclopedia of Arda: Une encyclopédie à ne pas manquer, c'est génial! je l'ai découverte ce jour grâce à Merry et Philipa, j'ai lu tous les articles du Seigneur des anneaux , film comparé au livre, magnifique évocation et explications en détail, commentaires sagaces, avis perspicace et juste, très très bon moment, merci beaucoup! :clapping:
0 x
Tout ce que nous avons à décider c'est ce que nous devons faire du temps qui nous est imparti

Merry
Varda
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Merry » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:52 am

Make sure to visit TheOneRing.net today for some of their usual April Fools Day fun! :D
1 x
Sing and be glad, all ye children of the West,
for your King shall come again,
and he shall dwell among you
all the days of your life.

Merry
Varda

Postby Merry » Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:25 pm

There's a nice little interview over at TOR.n with Armitage, wherein he says, among other things, that the Extended Edition of DoS will include Bombur falling into the enchanted stream and the white stag. His explanation is a little weird, though: he says that the stag is a projection of Thranduil's persona (sounds like the Patronus Spell!). But those scenes might make the EE worth purchasing!
0 x

Riv Res
Manwë

Postby Riv Res » Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:19 pm

You KNOW that I will purchase them regardless. :wink: I am hoping for more than just Bombur in that version ... like more Beorn. :D
0 x
Riv Res

Philipa
Ulmo

Postby Philipa » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:22 pm

0 x
Aiya Earendil Elenion Ancalima!

An online guide to all things Tolkien

Merry
Varda

Postby Merry » Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:34 pm

Well, I made a mistake: I ordered a copy of 'Desolation' thinking it was the extended version, but I didn't read carefully enough. It has extra material, which turns out to be those vlog things that PJ makes, and not the extended edition. Drat. After I saw this in the theatre, I decided that I could live without it.

So I watched it again last night and, if anything, I'm even more disappointed in it than I was in the theatre. It's a cartoon. The computer graphics are so obvious that it's hard to suspend disbelief. The barrel-riding scene is just absurd, as is nearly all of the action inside the Lonely Mountain. The acting is largely kitschy: Ian McClellan even fails in this regard, as does Martin Freeman in many places. It looks like they don't believe in their material, so they have to add strange twitches and reactions that are so distracting. Orlando Bloom is simply wooden. The only passing grades I'd give are to Armitage and Lilly, who at least seem like they believe I what they're doing.

I've noticed (too late!) that we don't have an EE yet and no vlogs for the last movie. Maybe that means PJ and company are working extra hard to make it a good one? Or maybe it will be even more of the same. #-o
0 x

MICHKA

Postby MICHKA » Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:44 am

Hello! déserté un moment ,très occupée sur l'autre forum(sortie de TTFOJ chez nous) et chez moi( Mariage de ma petite-fille en préparation, dernières réunions dans mes clubs)j'espère comme vous que le 3 ème volet sera meilleur sans trop y croire, à mon avis PJ a trop voulu développer le ''Hobbit'' pour égaler la trilogie LOTR et s'est fourvoyé dans les suppléments. Comment va-t'il s'en sortir? Reste que c'est^certainement distrayant pour un public moins difficile!! #-o #-o
0 x
Tout ce que nous avons à décider c'est ce que nous devons faire du temps qui nous est imparti

Merry
Varda

Postby Merry » Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:53 pm

The marriage of a grand-daughter--how wonderful! Our rule here is that real life comes first, so don't worry about desertion, Michka. Enjoy!

In some ways, I think PJ's reputation rides on this last movie. He has some important choices to make.
1 x

MICHKA

Postby MICHKA » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:36 pm

Superbe affiche pour le 3ème volet, espérons un film à la hauteur! de toutes façons j'irai le voir et j'attends la sortie de la trilogie HOBBIT en version étendue pour acheter l'ensemble!
0 x

Merry
Varda

Postby Merry » Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:19 pm

Lots of information about the new Hobbit movie at TOR.n from their reporters at Comic-Con! No time for a synopsis now, but maybe later!
1 x

Merry
Varda

Postby Merry » Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:39 am

TOR.n has a little clip from the Extended Edition of the second movie, from the Enchanted Stream scene:

The EE is out in November. This clip doesn't make me want to run out to buy it, though!
0 x

Merry
Varda

Postby Merry » Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:22 pm

I just read at TOR.n that Billy Boyd will be singing the last song to the closing credits of the last Hobbit movie. That's worth looking forward to and a sweet choice.
1 x

Merry
Varda

Postby Merry » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:34 pm

TOR.n has a long description of the added scenes in the EE of the second hobbit movie:

I'm still not sure I'm going to buy it. The only scene that intrigues me is the white stag at the enchanted stream!
0 x

MICHKA

Postby MICHKA » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:44 pm

Le 3ème volet sort chez nous le 10 décembre , j'aspire à le voir et espère être moins déçue que pour le 2ème qui promettait tant!!de toute façon j'attends la sortie de la trilogie pour acheter les dvd version longue, bien sîur!
0 x

Return to “The Hobbit”