50%
Faramir
8%
Theoden
No votes

Total votes: 36

Meliel

Post by Meliel » Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:10 pm

Agh, if I had voted today, I would have voted for Sam as well.
I can't believe I didn't think of him at the time of the voting... :oops:
WOW it looks like a lot of people voted for Aragorn.
I'll bet my mom did. :) If there's an LotR character that she'll go on and on about, it's Aragorn. :roll:
She has a point, but there are other characters who were very heroic. You all say Eowyn, and she happens to be one of my favorites. :D
O:) Meliel
"If you want to make the world a better place, take a look at yourself and make a change." --Michael Jackson

Merry
Varda

Post by Merry » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:30 pm

Well, we are kind of Aragorn-centric here, Meliel--you're right about that! We have our roots in a former website called 'House of Telcontar' and some of us have been in love with Aragorn since we were ten years old. :?

And you're also right: we should have put Eowyn on the list. Had she not done in the Witchking of Angmar, things might have gone very differently.
Sing and be glad, all ye children of the West,
for your King shall come again,
and he shall dwell among you
all the days of your life.

Lindariel
Location: The Hall of Fire, Imladris (otherwise known as Northern Virginia)

Post by Lindariel » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:41 am

Well, Meliel, my sweetie, you guessed wrong about your Mom. I voted for FRODO back when the poll was first established. If you check back in the first couple pages of this thread, you'll find my post with my reasons why I voted for Frodo. And if I had to make that decision again today, I would STILL vote for Frodo.

I mean, I do LOVE my Warrior-Priest-King Aragorn, but I feel very strongly that the central heroic figure of this story is Frodo.
Lindariel Image

“Therefore I say: Eä! Let these things Be! And I will send forth into the Void the Flame Imperishable, and it shall be at the heart of the World, and the World shall Be.”

Meliel

Post by Meliel » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:42 am

I agree, Merry. :D
Eowyn's bravery was important! Who knows what could have happened if she didn't kill the witchking... :shock:
She most likely saved the lives of some of the other characters by doing that, although she couldn't save King Theoden. :cry:
She's a good role model, in my opinion! O:)

Very true Lindariel, (mom.) :lol: :hug:
Frodo did go through a lot, especially with that mischevious object they call the ring. And Sam did a lot too. Frodo said it himself, he never would have even made it to Mordor without Sam.
But I still must stick with the heroine. :workout:
She's cool. 8)
O:) Meliel
"If you want to make the world a better place, take a look at yourself and make a change." --Michael Jackson

Merry
Varda

Post by Merry » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:25 am

She is cool. I still call people 'foul dwimmerlaiks' who cut me off in traffic. :twisted:
Sing and be glad, all ye children of the West,
for your King shall come again,
and he shall dwell among you
all the days of your life.

phyloxera

i gave my vote for Sam

Post by phyloxera » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:44 pm

because he has the strength to be loyal and good alltime. Indeed he doesn't like Gollum and doesn't trust him, but Gollum is in many moments more bad then good and so i forgive Sam for his challange of Gollum.

But Aragorn and Eowyn and Merry are wonderfull charakters too....

Merri

Post by Merri » Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:21 am

I chose Sam. His love for his friend was steadfast in the face of so much danger. When he walks into the water, knowing full well he can't swim, because he promised he wouldn't leave Frodo, my heart practically stopped beating. What kind of man... er, Hobbit, would do such a thing? A hero. He also held Frodo's memories for him in the shadows of Mt. Doom when Frodo could no longer remember because the rings power was consuming him. And, Sam physically carried Frodo when Frodo could no longer go on. Then, when Frodo believes Gollum over Sam on the path to Cirith Ungol/Shelob's Lair and he sends Sam back to the Shire, my heart broke. I couldn't imagine these friends parting ways after they had been through so much. To Sam's credit, though, he honored Frodo's wishes, when you just knew he wanted to keep his promise and stay by Frodo's side. The moment he realizes the truth about Gollum's lie and that Frodo is in danger, back up the steep stairs he goes to save Frodo, giving no thought to his own safety or well-being. His thoughts solely focused on saving his friend. A hero, indeed.

MICHKA

Re: Name Your Hero Of LoTR

Post by MICHKA » Sun May 29, 2011 7:46 am

Eh,bien je ne serai pas très originale, car mon vote va aussi à Aragorn en premier: il est beau, fort, loyal, fidèle et a beaucoup de prestige :clapping: :P . En second je choisirai Sam pour son dévouement, son abnégation envers Frodon et la mission, et enfin je soumets Faramir qui est un peu le sacrifié dans l'histoire et qui est plein de bons sentiments et de noblesse; voilà mon résultat après réflexion, bonne journée à tous :D :wink:
Tout ce que nous avons à décider c'est ce que nous devons faire du temps qui nous est imparti

Riv Res
Manwë

Post by Riv Res » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:19 pm

[center]Happy Birthday Aragorn!!

© New Line Cinema Inc

[/center]

Philipa
Ulmo

Post by Philipa » Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:42 pm

My goodness there is so few posts on this forum I didn't even see this. Happy birthday old man. :lol:
Aiya Earendil Elenion Ancalima!

Thoughts from Eryn Lasgalen An online guide to all things Tolkien

MICHKA

Post by MICHKA » Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:38 pm

Je suis très très en retard pour souhaiter l'anniversaire de mon héros préféré, l'excuse est qu'en vacances je n'ai pasles coordonnées pour poster, mais depuis j'aurais pu me rattraper!! :oops: :oops: :oops: je tacherai de ne pas oublier de fêter celui du couronnement et des noces :D :wink: OK?
Tout ce que nous avons à décider c'est ce que nous devons faire du temps qui nous est imparti