Tolkien Trivia

Here you'll find polls, games and other fun conversation starters
MICHKA

Re: Tolkien Trivia

Post by MICHKA » Sat May 12, 2012 10:10 am

Hello; pas de réponse à la question? un indice ?
Tout ce que nous avons à décider c'est ce que nous devons faire du temps qui nous est imparti

Merry
Varda

Post by Merry » Sun May 13, 2012 8:05 pm

Sorry, Michka! I'm in my last week of school with no time to look up the answer--life is crazy! Anyone else know the answer?
Sing and be glad, all ye children of the West,
for your King shall come again,
and he shall dwell among you
all the days of your life.

MICHKA

Post by MICHKA » Sun May 13, 2012 10:10 pm

O K.Prenons le temps, le jeu après le travail, bon courage!
Tout ce que nous avons à décider c'est ce que nous devons faire du temps qui nous est imparti

Lindariel
Location: The Hall of Fire, Imladris (otherwise known as Northern Virginia)

Post by Lindariel » Mon May 14, 2012 3:10 pm

I have been searching, and I can't find anything that corresponds to Gandalf traveling to meet someone on May 1 in either The Hobbit or LOTR or the Appendices. Clearly, I've missed something! I'm travelling this week on business, so I won't be able to do any more research until after I return on Friday.
Lindariel Image

“Therefore I say: Eä! Let these things Be! And I will send forth into the Void the Flame Imperishable, and it shall be at the heart of the World, and the World shall Be.”

MICHKA

Post by MICHKA » Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:13 am

Si vous avez le temps ,vous trouverez la réponse dans les dernières pages: ''C'est ainsi qu'il apprit.....etc...
à bientôt?

MICHKA

Post by MICHKA » Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:55 pm

n'y a -t'il plus d'amateurs pour jouer :?: #-o :?: je reprendrai en septembre si ce sont les vacances pour tous : :!: : :wink: \:D/

Lindariel

Post by Lindariel » Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:24 pm

Michka, I have spent some time searching once again for the answer to your question, but I'm not having any luck. Your clue that it was in the "back of the book," indicates to me that this is something you found in the Appendices. I thought perhaps you might be referring to the time Gandalf just happened to meet up with Thorin Oakenshield in Bree and they began discussing Smaug and the Lonely Mountain and the possibility of finding a "burglar." However, that meeting took place on March 15, 2941.

I also thought it might have been the time that Gandalf went to Minas Tirith to read the scroll of Isildur. I cannot find a date for that visit, either in the Appendices or Gandalf's recounting to the Council of Elrond, other than it took place sometime during the year 3017 while Aragorn was searching for Gollum.

So I'm officially stuck and requesting another clue . . . please?
Lindariel Image

“Therefore I say: Eä! Let these things Be! And I will send forth into the Void the Flame Imperishable, and it shall be at the heart of the World, and the World shall Be.”

MICHKA

Post by MICHKA » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:37 pm

je peux dire que l'épisode s'intitule en français; ''la dernière étape'', vous devriez trouver maintenant

MICHKA

Post by MICHKA » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:53 am

hello, Lindariel, vous êtes près du but, surtout si vous regardez le thread ''Hobbit'' sur VW, Caria y donne presque la réponse: ouvrez bien vos yeux :) :wink: :!:

Lindariel

Post by Lindariel » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:20 pm

Ah! Your question comes from The Hobbit, not LOTR! On May 1, 2942, Gandalf and Bilbo return to Elrond in Rivendell after spending the winter with Beorn.

Whew! Finally! Your question had me looking for a SOLO journey that Gandalf had made, not one in the company of others.

Here's my question:

What unfortunate comment does Bilbo make that sends Smaug on his rampage against the men of Laketown?
Lindariel Image

MICHKA

Post by MICHKA » Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:48 am

en 1er lieu la réponse à ma question est celle-ci exactement :''Gandalf s'est rendu à un conseil de magiciens blancs , des gens de haut savoir et bonne magie, et ils ont chassé le Necromancien de so sombre repaire au sud de Mirkwood''
mais je considère votre choix comme bon et poursuis le jeu ; voici la proposition de réponse à la vôtre: ''Eh bien je ne dois pas retenir votre Magnficence plus longtemps, il faut beaucoup se dépenser pour attraper les poneys quand ils ont une bonne avance, de même pour les cambrioleurs! '' dit par Bilbo dans le chapitre ''Information secrète''
est-ce cela?

Lindariel

Post by Lindariel » Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:51 pm

Michka, you certainly chose one of Bilbo's more impertinent remarks to Smaug, but I was thinking of this comment that Bilbo made earlier in their conversation: "I am Barrel-rider."

This comment immediately causes Smaug to think, "Lake-men, some nasty scheme of those miserable tub-trading Lake-men, or I'm a lizard. I haven't been down that way for an age and an age; but I will soon alter that!"

So Bilbo inadvertently directs Smaug to attack Lake-town.

Your turn to ask a question!
Lindariel Image

MICHKA

Post by MICHKA » Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:21 am

Merci, voici ma question: qui a dit ''C'est toujours moi le dernier''? :wink: =P~

Merry
Varda

Post by Merry » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:26 am

Michka's question: Who said, "It is always me [who is] the last"?
Sing and be glad, all ye children of the West,
for your King shall come again,
and he shall dwell among you
all the days of your life.

MICHKA

Post by MICHKA » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:17 pm

l'indice est que les 2 questions dans les 2 jeux sont dans le HOBBIT, alors à vous de chercher et trouver si vous désirez continuer, à vos livres,donc #-o :wink: