FoTR - At The Sign Of The Prancing Pony: Bk I, Chapter VIIII

A chapter by chapter as well as general discussion of Tolkien's masterpiece
Merry
Varda
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Merry » Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:45 pm

You know, Kirill, many of us are religious people here. I think it's interesting when people claim to love Tolkien, but hate his Catholicism and don't believe his statement that LOTR is a fundamentally Catholic work. If I claimed to love Tolkien, but refused to acknowledge, for example, the influence of Norse mythology on the legendarium, since I am not 'Norse', I could rightfully be accused of closed-mindedness and bias, couldn't I?

For myself, I will bow out of this thread, since I don't find your comments on religion respectful.
0 x
Sing and be glad, all ye children of the West,
for your King shall come again,
and he shall dwell among you
all the days of your life.

Iolanthe
Uinen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Iolanthe » Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:53 pm

0 x
Now let the song begin! Let us sing together
Of sun, stars, moon and mist, rain and cloudy weather...

Return to “The Lord of the Rings”