A chapter by chapter as well as general discussion of Tolkien's masterpiece
Philipa
Ulmo

Postby Philipa » Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:40 pm

0 x
Aiya Earendil Elenion Ancalima!

An online guide to all things Tolkien

Chrissiejane
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Chrissiejane » Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:27 am

0 x
....her song released the sudden spring, like rising lark and falling rain, and melting water bubbling

Varda
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Varda » Thu Dec 01, 2005 2:17 am

0 x
O Elbereth! Gilthomiel!
We still remember, we who dwell
In this far land beneath the trees,
Thy starlight on the Western Seas.

Merry
Varda

Postby Merry » Thu Dec 01, 2005 2:30 am

0 x
Sing and be glad, all ye children of the West,
for your King shall come again,
and he shall dwell among you
all the days of your life.

Iolanthe
Uinen

Postby Iolanthe » Fri Dec 02, 2005 5:06 pm

0 x
Now let the song begin! Let us sing together
Of sun, stars, moon and mist, rain and cloudy weather...

librislove

Postby librislove » Sun Dec 04, 2005 5:26 am

0 x
Many live who deserve death; some die who deserve life--can you give it to them, Frodo? Do not be so quick to deal out death in judgment. Even the wisest cannot see all ends.

Chrissiejane

Postby Chrissiejane » Sun Dec 04, 2005 12:02 pm

0 x
....her song released the sudden spring, like rising lark and falling rain, and melting water bubbling

Merry
Varda

Postby Merry » Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:20 pm

0 x

Kirill Leonov

Postby Kirill Leonov » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:03 am

0 x
Tracking the sun in his galleon and travelling the skies
'Til his splendour was shorn by the birth of morn and he died with the dawn in his eyes

Iolanthe
Uinen

Postby Iolanthe » Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:21 pm

0 x

Kirill Leonov

Postby Kirill Leonov » Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:52 pm

Not to mention every child's nightmare at one time or another, probably...

I really like the creepy song, by the way. :twisted:
0 x

'Til his splendour was shorn by the birth of morn and he died with the dawn in his eyes

Iolanthe
Uinen

Postby Iolanthe » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:22 pm

0 x

Merry
Varda

Postby Merry » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:08 pm

0 x

Kirill Leonov

Postby Kirill Leonov » Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:24 pm

Oh yes, I almosr forgot that... :shock:
Did any of you play the Harry Potter 4 video game, by any chance? In the Grounds level there are those unpleasant creatures that sing a sort of "related" creepy song...
0 x

Lindariel
Location: The Hall of Fire, Imladris (otherwise known as Northern Virginia)

Postby Lindariel » Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:57 pm

"Such a stuffy death" indeed, Iolanthe, love your witty Gilbert & Sullivan reference! If I recall correctly, that's one of Yum-Yum's inane comments in The Mikado. One of my favorite G&S roles -- she was a real stitch to play!
0 x
Lindariel

“Therefore I say: Eä! Let these things Be! And I will send forth into the Void the Flame Imperishable, and it shall be at the heart of the World, and the World shall Be.”

Return to “The Lord of the Rings”