Member News

Say "Hello", let us get to know you and why you love Tolkien, and share important news!
Merry
Varda

Re: Member News

Postby Merry » Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:52 pm

Hi, all! Nice to see a little activity here the last couple of days: thanks, Michka and Lindariel! I'm on the road this week, taking care of my mother, who just had a hip replacement, so I won't be checking in very often. I'll be back this weekend. Best to everyone!
0 x
Sing and be glad, all ye children of the West,
for your King shall come again,
and he shall dwell among you
all the days of your life.

MICHKA

Postby MICHKA » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:48 pm

Tous mes voeux de rétablissement à votre maman, je commence à connaître les problèmes inhérents à l'usure de ces fameuses hanches(!!)la jeunesse! d'autre part contente de vous retrouver bientôt sur le site, amicalement Michka
0 x
Tout ce que nous avons à décider c'est ce que nous devons faire du temps qui nous est imparti

marbretherese

Postby marbretherese » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:39 pm

hi Merry, hope your Mum is recovering well after her op!
0 x
"Torment in the dark was the danger that I feared, and it did not hold me back.
But I would not have come, had I known the danger of light and joy."

http://www.marbretherese.com
http://marbretherese.blogspot.com/

Merry
Varda

Postby Merry » Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:03 am

Thanks for the good wishes. After a very difficult first week of recovery, my mother sort of turned a corner and is doing much better. She's now in a rehab facility for a couple of weeks and they're taking good care of her.
1 x

Lindariel
Location: The Hall of Fire, Imladris (otherwise known as Northern Virginia)

Postby Lindariel » Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:52 pm

Was out of town for the weekend. Had a lovely 55th birthday this past Friday, Sept. 14. Our family celebration will be early this week after my husband gets back from business travel.
0 x
Lindariel Image

“Therefore I say: Eä! Let these things Be! And I will send forth into the Void the Flame Imperishable, and it shall be at the heart of the World, and the World shall Be.”

Merry
Varda

Postby Merry » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:55 pm

Happy Birthday, Lindariel, and welcome to the latter half of the 50s, a range I have occupied for a couple of years! My students insist that this is not 'middle-aged', but a quick thought about the numbers involved would say that they are wrong! That's not to say, though, that this is not a good and productive time of life, wouldn't you say?
0 x

MICHKA

Postby MICHKA » Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:06 pm

bon et joyeux anniversaire avec un peu de retard, Lindariel, la vie commence à 50 ans, dit-on chez nous, alors vous n'êtes encore qu'une enfant!!!meilleurs souhaits de vivante et heureuse continuation!
0 x
Tout ce que nous avons à décider c'est ce que nous devons faire du temps qui nous est imparti

Lindariel

Postby Lindariel » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:34 pm

I hope all of our members who live in Hurricane Sandy's path have weathered the storm and are safe and dry!

Here in Northern Virginia, we came through in good shape. We never lost power, and as far as we can tell, there's no property or tree damage so far. We feel very lucky and hope for the same for all MeJ members!
0 x
Lindariel Image

“Therefore I say: Eä! Let these things Be! And I will send forth into the Void the Flame Imperishable, and it shall be at the heart of the World, and the World shall Be.”

Merry
Varda

Postby Merry » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:57 pm

Good to read that all is well with you and yours, Lindariel. We here in Iowa can sure sympathize with people in the east. Now the clean-up begins.
0 x

MICHKA

Postby MICHKA » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:15 pm

Je souhaite courage et persévérance pour avoir affronté cet effroyable ouragan, et encourage par la pensée la mobilisation d'entr'aide , l'héroïsme des gens qui doivent reprendre leur vie normale , ne perdez pas espoir , la nature humaine trouve toujours de la ressource en toutes circonstances
0 x

Lindariel

Postby Lindariel » Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:14 pm

Happy holidays to one and all at Middle-earth Journeys,
and my best wishes for a healthy and prosperous New Year!

Lindariel
0 x
Lindariel Image

Merry
Varda

Postby Merry » Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:36 pm

Same to you and yours, Lindariel! We are recovering from the excesses of yesterday here in the midwest. The youngest nephew was savvy enough to have given me a Hobbit calendar for Christmas and I was thrilled! We will be going to see the movie, me for the first time, him for the fourth, before the weekend.
0 x

MICHKA

Postby MICHKA » Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:29 pm

Très bonne séance de cinéma et heureuse fin d'année , ainsi qu'à tous les membres de Middle-earth Journeys :hug: :flower:
0 x

MICHKA

Postby MICHKA » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:27 am

J'ai de nouveau un contact, un peu difficile mais au moins je peux communiquer, merci, ce serait terrible de vous manquer!!! #-o (:-o<
0 x

Merry
Varda

Postby Merry » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:44 pm

Oh, good, Michka--I'm glad you worked it out! We have had a few new members enrolled in the past few days, so maybe we will have a few new minds to play with soon!

I still haven't seen 'The Hobbit' movie yet! We have had some difficulties, including a death in the family on Christmas day, and I have been on the road, so no appropriate time. I may have to see it by myself!
0 x

Return to “New Member Introductions and Member News”