Please Introduce Yourself

Say "Hello", let us get to know you and why you love Tolkien, and share important news!
Merry
Varda

Post by Merry » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:57 am

Oh, Luthien, what a wonderful story! Welcome! You will find kindred here, as well as support for your art. I look forward to learning more of your insights.
Sing and be glad, all ye children of the West,
for your King shall come again,
and he shall dwell among you
all the days of your life.

Riv Res
Manwë

Post by Riv Res » Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:49 am

Mae govannen and welcome Lúthien! :wave:

It is terrific to have an equally obsessed Tolkien lover in our midst. I am eager to have you share your art with us. It looks as if you have a wonderfully rich and diverse Tolkien background and I hope you post often.

As Merry has said ... you have fallen in with many kindred spirits here. :D

Elen síla lumenn' omentielvo.

Lúthien

Post by Lúthien » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:58 am

thanks for the welcome!

-> I was wondering (just because I'm curious) what the valar names underneath your user names (ie. Manwë, Varda) meant?

I thought it was some sort of secondary username, but I can't find anything like that in the control panel.
A! Suilannon le - elin velui, dîn dolog, aduial lúthad!

marbretherese

Post by marbretherese » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:35 pm

Welcome, Lúthien! I hope you will be able to share your artworks with us soon :D
"Torment in the dark was the danger that I feared, and it did not hold me back.
But I would not have come, had I known the danger of light and joy."

http://www.marbretherese.com
http://marbretherese.blogspot.com/

Lindariel
Location: The Hall of Fire, Imladris (otherwise known as Northern Virginia)

Post by Lindariel » Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:11 pm

Welcome Luthien! So glad to have another artist in our midst!
Lindariel Image

“Therefore I say: Eä! Let these things Be! And I will send forth into the Void the Flame Imperishable, and it shall be at the heart of the World, and the World shall Be.”

Iolanthe
Uinen

Post by Iolanthe » Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:06 pm

I'm really glad you've taken the plunge and joined, Lúthien, I know everyone will love seeing your work. We are all passionate about Tolkien here :D .
Lúthien wrote:I was wondering (just because I'm curious) what the valar names underneath your user names (ie. Manwë, Varda) meant?

I thought it was some sort of secondary username, but I can't find anything like that in the control panel.
All the members with Valar and Maiar 'second' names are Administrators (Valar) or Moderators (Maiar), so you know who to contact it you have any board queries or concerns :wink: .
Now let the song begin! Let us sing together
Of sun, stars, moon and mist, rain and cloudy weather...

Lúthien

Post by Lúthien » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:21 am

Thanks all for the welcome!

(and for the explanation re. the admin/mods)
A! Suilannon le - elin velui, dîn dolog, aduial lúthad!

MICHKA

Re: Please Introduce Yourself

Post by MICHKA » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:24 am

bonjour, je me surnomme MICHKA,je suis fan des livres de Tolkien, j'ai lu plusieurs fois ''le seigneur des anneaux'',découvrant à chaque rlecture des nouvelles significations; j'ai lu aussi ''Bilbo, ''le silmarillon(un peu plus difficile),et ''les enfants de Hurin'. Je suis très satisfaite de voir des études de toutes les oeuvres dans ce forum pour mon instruction et vous remercie de tout ce trvail d'échange précieux!
Tout ce que nous avons à décider c'est ce que nous devons faire du temps qui nous est imparti

Merry
Varda

Post by Merry » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:58 pm

Bienvenue, MICHKA! I can read your French well enough, but I would not want to offend you by attempting to write in it! I look forward to reading your insights.

marbretherese

Post by marbretherese » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:19 pm

Bienvenue, MICHKA!

like Merry, I can read French and understand what you say, but I have to reply in English. I hope you will find lots of things here to interest you!
"Torment in the dark was the danger that I feared, and it did not hold me back.
But I would not have come, had I known the danger of light and joy."

http://www.marbretherese.com
http://marbretherese.blogspot.com/

Lindariel
Location: The Hall of Fire, Imladris (otherwise known as Northern Virginia)

Post by Lindariel » Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:20 am

And our little on-line community becomes even more international! Welcome, Michka!
Lindariel Image

“Therefore I say: Eä! Let these things Be! And I will send forth into the Void the Flame Imperishable, and it shall be at the heart of the World, and the World shall Be.”

MICHKA

Post by MICHKA » Fri May 27, 2011 3:24 pm

salut à tous, fervents de Tolkien; j'ai la grande satisfaction d'avoir obtenu les ''contes et légendes inachevés'' et je vais pouvoir affiner mes connaissances sur tout ce monde imaginaire qui fourmille de personnages, et dont il faut parfois relire les épisodes plusieurs fois avant de bien assimiler. Parfaire mon éducation tolkienne est un chantier entrepris depuis la sortie des films mais doucement je me suis enthousiasmée, et petit à petit je parviens à compléter le registre de tous ces romans magiques. Je dois reconnaître que ce forum m'a fortifiée dans ce sens, je ne m'en passe pas!! même les plus anciens témoignages me paraissent utiles et les détails relatés ont une grande importance car je les découvre peu à peu depuis mon inscription, je vous suis donc redevable: merci beaucoup!!!
Tout ce que nous avons à décider c'est ce que nous devons faire du temps qui nous est imparti

cross_harps

Post by cross_harps » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:15 pm

Hello all! Actually I should say that I am re-introducing myself! I've been on Viggo-Works and this board for many years but have not been very active on either one for quite a while. Life events intervening, etc.!! Fun Stuff!

Anyway, I am re-reading The Hobbit once or twice before the first movie comes out in December (CAN'T WAIT!!!), and I figured there will be a lot of build-up on this board, so I would like to rejoin you all and participate in the excitement that is brewing!

Merry
Varda

Post by Merry » Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:34 pm

Hello, cross-harps, and welcome back! Actually, we've been pretty quiet here for a while with only a few active members. But we manage to keep ourselves entertained nonetheless. We do keep the Hobbit Calendar up to date and you can read the entries as we go along. And of course, as the movie date approaches, we'll have a lot to talk about!